Apr 27, 2011

Riddle Me This

All females have all heard the expression... "Here's to the Men we love, Here's to the Men who love us, But the Men we love aren't the Men who love us... So @#$O all the Men and here's to us...

 Why is it when we find someone that we are really seriously attracted to they rarely feel the same about us? The harder they pull away from us,  the more we want them and vise versa... Why as women we constantly second guess ourselves?  We spend fortune on self help books, classes, clothes, shoes, and Cosmo trying to figure out what we need to do to capture Mr Right. Women who are well educated will throw away a career or their entire way of life to be in a relationship.  Even if this isn't the description that fits you I find it even more surprising that some of us will try to figure out how to "fix up" the one we have decided to settle with. If they aren't good to start with, why do we want them? A challenge perhaps?
   The guys that we should be into, the guy that adores us even if we have Bad Breath or a Bad Hair Day, we don't want anything to do with THAT GUY. We don't like his constant attention and loathe his calls and affections twards us. My personal feelings are if That GUY persists I will shread him apart like cheap origami, until there is nothing but tiny pieces of a man. I have seen That Guy time and Time again... And I still send him packing...
I can always tell after one kiss if there is an attraction happening for me. Initial attraction fades for me after about 2 weeks, unless they have something to challenge me. The trick I believe is to find a man that intrigues you but won't hurt you. I have only met one man who I never got tired of, everytime I thought about him or looked at him he gave me Butterflies, and he dumped my ass... Proof positive of my prior statement. I couldn't stop thinking about what "I did wrong". Men are no better at this love stuff than us ladies. In my past, I worked in a male dominated profession, and all my friends were men. Beautiful sweet girls would be all over these guys, and they would be eating it up at first. They would brag about how their girl would do anything to land them. Their girlfriends would bring them lunch, take care of their dry cleaning, clean their house, bake cookies, the whole nine yards! The men would be flattered at first but then would end up bored, no challenge, and end up marrying some nasty mean ugly old bitch that treats them like crap. It seems to me if you make your relationships more Jerry Springer Show then you have better Chance at love.... I can't make myself do that. I can't lie that well and I hate to create drama.

 Am I doomed? Will I be single forever? Do I care?
 I know one thing... I won't settle for That Guy!

No comments: